We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.techimperial.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Easily Make Google Chrome Canary the Default Web Browser

How to Make the Default Browser Chrome Canary


As the web evolves so do our web browsers. Being a technical individual and always keeping up with the latest technologies I decided to move on from Firefox as Google Chrome has finally left a mark with the Chrome Web Store. This means that almost all the same plugins/addons that are available for Firefox are now available for Chrome.

The speed of Chrome Canary is really swift and it's hardly surpassed with it's quick functionality and synchronized browsing. Knowing all of these facts, I wanted to make Google Chrome Canary my default web browser, so I went into Canary's settings and this is what I saw...


As an experienced user, I looked this up on Google's support forums and the engineers at Google said they will not be fixing this, so since Google won't do it, I decided to. Download and run the file below and on your Windows OS to set Google Chrome Canary as the default web browser system wide for your user account. There are no further steps to take after executing the application, it will do all the magic, you can always change your default browser later on if you'd like.


Note: This application will only work on Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.


1 comment:

  1. I get an error that says you may not distribute the ??? with an unregistered copy of the compiler?

    I hope this can be fixed, I am really looking forward to this solution, thanks for your hard work either way.

    PS this was from the MediaFire link, on Windows 7 x64. I wil try the other two as well just to see.

    ReplyDelete