We've moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.techimperial.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How to Enable a Bluetooth Headset on your PC

How to get a mobile Bluetooth Headset to work on your computer even if it's not supported.

Enable Bluetooth capability on your computer.

Have you ordered an expensive Bluetooth Headset only to realize it wasn't going to work on your device? Well I did, I purchased a Bluetooth Jabra Sport headset, it was $99. When the headset arrived I used it for a while outdoors and at the gym, it came time where I wanted to use Skype to call a friend in England, but the problem was my Bluetooth headset that I just bought for a pretty penny did not have drivers for Windows. So I decided to find a way to fix this issue so that I can use my headset on my pc without a problem.

The solution I came across was a simple one, all you need to do is download a Bluetooth driver stack by Toshiba, they have discontinued the download for end users for an unknown reason, but you are still able to obtain it elsewhere on the Internet. This one is pretty self explanatory, it will work on 32bit or 64bit systems, the only catch is you need a Bluetooth adapter chip installed on your computer or laptop. Make sure to download the correct version, the last version available is 8.00.12.

Requirements
Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (Software)
Bluetooth Headset (Hardware)
Bluetooth Adapter (Hardware)

No comments:

Post a Comment